Thursday, November 23, 2006

Seller's Disclosures in Kansas City MO


It seems lately I have seen a drastic amount of information missing on the sellers disclosure. When I say missing ... I mean left blank.
I don't know about you but when I am getting ready to show buyers the Sellers Disclosure is EXTREMELY important to me as a showing and selling tool.
In my neck of the woods, Kansas City MO, rarely do the buyers ever come in face to face contact with the sellers - so there's never an opportunity for the buyers to ask the sellers questions... so the sellers disclosure pretty much answer the basic major questions.
If I turn to the sellers disclosure and the age of the furnace or central air unit isn't filled in - my mind normally says "really old" especially if none of the rest of the house has been updated.
If there is information not complete, I really begin to wonder to wonder what else they don't want a prospective buyer to know. I guess it suits to say lacking information puts me on guard.
As a listing agent I go through the sellers disclosure with a fine toothcomb to make sure everything is completed.
I also make sure there are extra copies left in the home should the buyers agent not have one.
Another situation that I have come across ... if the sellers had a contract on the home and the sale fell apart during the renegotiation process after inspections - I always have the sellers update that sellers disclosure!
Take a look at this home for sale in Kansas City MO

©Fran White, REALTOR 2006


-->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home